The aims of the HyTrEc project are to support:
- regional accessibility strategies
- environmentally responsible energy production practices
- developing different modes of transport
- transnational transport corridors
- efficient and effective logistics solutions
- sustainable growth solutions
Partners from the UK, Germany, Denmark, Belgium, Sweden and Norway have been working together to improve cross border collaboration, share best practice and support joint activities.
The project establishes a transnational network which will improve accessibility to hydrogen across the North Sea Region as an alternative energy vector.
The partners met in Gateshead, UK on 16th and 17th October 2013 to discuss developments for the project including:
- The HyTrEc strategy document;
- Development of the HyTrEc Stakeholder Group;
- The Demonstration of hydrogen technologies.
This was the fourth partner meeting of the project. The first was a kick-off meeting in Aberdeen in July 2012 and following that were meetings in Antwerp in November 2012 and near Bremen in March 2013. Some of the partners, along with regional stakeholders, also took part in a study visit to three hydrogen sites in and around Berlin in September 2013. The project’s initial conference was at All Energy in Aberdeen, in May 2013 attended by some partners.